All foreigners intending to enter Italy must provide the documentation required to justify the reasons and duration of their stay as well as, in some prescribed cases, the availability of adequate economic means and lodging.
In some cases you need a visa, application for which can be made at the Italian Diplomatic and Consular Representations in your country of residence.
Don’t you have an EU passport or EU valid documentation?
Do you need a Visa?
If you have doubts visit NOW the website of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.esteri.it/visti/index_eng.asp
- find out whether, depending on your citizenship, country of long-term residence, and the duration and reasons for your stay, you need a Visa to enter Italy.
- find out which documents are required in order to apply for your visa.
- VISA application may even require 120 days! Check it NOW
- VISA application fee is from € 35,00 to € 116,00 per person to be paid at application, in local currency, to the Consulate or Embassy directly.
- Presentation of the documentation requested does not necessarily ensure issuance of the VISA